Bad Tasting/Smelly Water
Water doesn’t smell, but contaminants do!
Before water enters your home it can pick up contaminants from the well, or from the miles of underground utility pipes or even the water source itself. Many municipalities add chlorine to offset problems caused by these contaminants. Bad tasting, smelly water can have many causes, sometimes requiring more than one solution. Your Culligan Man™ has the equipment to give you the quality water you deserve.
Common water odor problems – all of which can be removed with a Culligan® Water Filter!
- Rotten egg odor can be caused by hydrogen sulphide in the soil near your well
- Musty, earthy or wood smell can be caused by dissolved solids
- Chlorine smell, objectionable to some, can be caused by municipal additives
- Detergent odor and water that foams can be due to seepage from septic tanks into your ground water well
- Chemical smells and tastes can be due to high iron content or chemicals seeping into your water supply, such as industrial chemicals or pesticides
There are several ways you can get rid of bad smelling water. A Culligan® Whole House System provides filtered water at every tap in your home or office. A Culligan® Sulfur-Cleer™ Filter can remove the "rotten-egg" odor caused hydrogen sulfide in your water. Both options filter water where it enters the home and can have positive effects throughout your home: improving your skin and hair, pipe condition, appliance longevity, and the look of everything else you wash and wear.
Does your water have an unpleasant taste?
A sour, salty, bitter or metallic taste can be a sign of high levels of total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water, normally chlorides, sulfates and bicarbonates. Signs of TDS water problems include:
- Bad taste to your water
- Cloudy ice cubes
- Scaling and spotting on wet surfaces
- Accumulation of “mineral fur” around faucet outlets
- A “laxative effect” due to high sulfates
You can eliminate high TDS with a Culligan® Drinking Water System, designed to reduce high concentrations of dissolved solids in your drinking water.
A Reverse Osmosis System removes particulates smaller than a micron and a Culligan® Carbon Filter can eliminate the objectionable taste and smell of chlorine. Contact your local Culligan Man™ today to find out more information about what Culligan® Water System is right for you.